Yes, these were as awesome as I thought they’d be.
I mentioned in my interview post with the owner of Celestial Comforter that she was kind enough to send me a few Celestial Crown shower caps to try out. I was sent three: A solid color mini size and a large and extra large in print.
My best friend is now the proud owner of the mini size. She has beautiful shoulder length locs. She didn’t seem that excited about the cap until she tried it. After which she said “I didn’t know how much I needed a good shower cap until I used this”.
You might be asking why in the world I’m so excited about shower caps. One thing people love about going natural is that you don’t have to worry as much about getting your hair wet. This is true for me, in most cases. When I did wash n gos a lot, getting my hair wasn’t a big deal…in fact, sometimes it would look even better! The same is true for my twists, especially if I do them on wet hair.
But there are some situations where you don’t want to wet your hair. Flat ironed hair is the first style to come to mind. A lot of people don’t want a frizzy twist out. My pet peeve is going to bed with a wet head. If I take a shower at night and then hop right into bed, I want my hair to be totally dry. ANYWAY, on to the review…
What I love about the caps:
- Fit snugly around the hairline so as not to let water in
- Have enough room for my hair and then some
- From the website: mold resistant and 10 gauge material
- The extra large size has a clasp as to make it even more fitted (pictured below)
- Cute designs. There are many designs to choose from, as well as just solid colors if you like it keep things simple.
- Sturdy. I’ve ripped a few shower caps in my time so this is important to me. Of course I can’t vouch for these long term.
- The price is right. The minis range from 4-10 dollars, the large range from 7-15 dollars, and the extra large range from 10-20 dollars
I wish I had pics of the mini, but I have to say that for a “mini” it’s bigger than the “large” caps you’ll find in the retail stores. Two thumbs up for these caps! I will wear my crown proudly in the shower. Thanks again to Celestial Comforter for allowing me the chance to give it a go!
I’m very excited about these and am so happy that s0 many entrepreneurs of color are finding ways to fill the needs of the natural community. Now if someone out there would eliminate single strand knots, they could make millions!
Powered by Facebook Comments