For you giveaway junkies, NaturallyCurly.com is having a pretty big on for the month of September. Check out the details below or click here.
BE EMPOWERED BY YOUR CURLS
Love Your Curly with Ten Tips and Free Products Every Day
of September from NaturallyCurly.com
AUSTIN, TX – NaturallyCurly, (NaturallyCurly.com) the leading social network for people with curly, kinky and wavy hair, is celebrating its 13th anniversary and International Curly Month with 30 Days of Giveaways during the month of September. This month-long celebration is NaturallyCurly.com’s chance to give back to the curlies of the world and help them feel empowered by their hair. 30 Days of Curl Power is a daily during the month of September giving away top curly hair products and a NEW fall Wardrobe, a $2,000 gift card to Beyond The Rack.
“When Gretchen and I created NaturallyCurly 13 years ago this month, our main goal was to help people like us learn to love their curly hair. It was truly about empowerment, from the very beginning” says Michelle Breyer, president and co-founder of NaturallyCurly.com. “Curlies have a common bond and with that bond comes a sense of acceptance, and through acceptance, comes true power. And the power of this very vocal community has helped reshape the curl landscape. When we launched this site, few stylists knew how to work with curls, and few companies had products designed for kinky and curly hair. Today, the curl industry has boomed with hundreds of new curl products, with retail shelves specially designated for this growing category. Curly hair is not only defining a market, it is taking it over! That is true curl power, and it is this 13-year-old community that got us here!”
So, happy 13th anniversary curlies! As a gift to all of you who have made NaturallyCurly what it is, we will be giving away prizes every day during September’s 30 Days of Curl Power. And getting back to our roots, we will feature a different curl story everyday, from men and women across the country. If free products don’t help you to empower your curls, watch what these real people have to say about who they were before they accepted their hair, who they are now, and how their hair has transformed their lives — for the better!
Each day, readers can enter to win products from some of the top curly brands, including Ouidad, Kinky-Curly, CURLS, Carol’s Daughter, Hair Rules and Living Proof. One grand-prize winner will receive a new fall wardrobe, a $2,000 Beyond The Rack Gift Card. Beyond The Rack will help one lucky curly score $2,000 worth of designer brand apparel, accessories, beauty, home decor, and luxury travel at prices up to 70% off retail.
About the Contest
Readers are encouraged to take part in our natural giveaway of various curly hair products from our 15 sponsors: Kinky-Curly, Jane Carter, Earth’s Nectar, Carol’s Daughter, Hair Rules, Shea Moisture, TIGI, CURLS, Mixed Chicks, L’Oreal EverSleek, MopTop, Living Proof, RUSK, amika, EDEN Body Works and KMS California. In addition to the fabulous giveaways, each entrant will qualify for a chance to win a new fall wardrobe from Beyond The Rack. The grand prize winner will receive a $2,000 gift card to shop the hottest private shopping curl for woman and men, Beyond The Rack.
How to Enter The Giveaway
30 Days of Curl Power Giveaway participants must register here to win. The giveaway begins September 1, 2011, at 12:00 a.m. CST and ends September 30 2011, at 11:59 p.m. CST. Only online entries will be accepted. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
A big part of loving your curly hair is knowing how to care for it, so NaturallyCurly.com has complied a list of ten curly hair tips for empowered curls and girls.
• Don’t shampoo everyday. Curly, kinky and wavy hair needs the natural oils from your scalp to reduce frizz. No more than four washes every week is good. For your off days, go the rinse and condition route.
• Use lots of conditioner! Moisturized curls equal happy curls! Aѕ curls succumb easily tο dryness, regular conditioning іѕ crucial. Never skip thе conditioner, аnԁ avoid two-іn-one shampoo/conditioners. Leave thе conditioner іn fοr at least two minutes before rinsing.
• Use microfiber towels to towel dry hair. The key when using any towel is to flip your head over and scrunch up. Microfiber towels not only reduce frizz, but speed up drying time. Microfiber is a super-absorbent fabric that soaks up excess water. Microfiber does not disturb the cuticle – instead it smooths it down, reducing frizz.
• Don’t touch your curls! Don’t touch your hair even though it’s tempting! The more you play with and tousle your hair during the day, the more frizz you’re going to get. If you need to, you can perform a mid-day touch up by moistening broken curls and wrapping them around your finger to reshape them.
• Sleep on a satin pillowcase. When you sleep, you toss and turn, which creates friction. Friction causes tangles, split ends and breakage. Sleeping with satin helps to maintain the moisture in the hair, as well. Cotton and other materials dry hair out, which adds to frizz.
• Be sure you are washing your hair right! Do not pile your hair on the top of your head when shampooing. Allow your hair to hang down, while focusing on your scalp. Use your fingertips, not nails, to massage your scalp. This will encourage growth and not tangle your hair.
• Adding a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil to a palm-full of your regular conditioner will give you increased, and amazing, moisturizing benefits.
• When using your daily conditioner, don’t be in a rush to rinse it out. Girls with perfect curls have a habit of leaving conditioner in their hair for more than three minutes; this time will allow the conditioner to penetrate the outer hair strand, leaving your hair softer.
• Deep condition your curls in the sauna to maximize your curl definition. Hit up your local gym and use the sauna to restore those curls!
• If you must color, use henna! Henna is a natural way to color your hair that many curlies turn to, but it also improves your hair’s health and adds shine. Before you turn to a store-bought color, try henna first.
Learn how to love and embrace your curly hair with, articles, styling tips, product reviews, and more by visiting www.NaturallyCurly.com