My hair regimen is ever changing, but here is what I currently do. The list may change as I (and my hair) grow.
- No or only water soluble silicones unless straightening
- Only comb hair when wet, soaked with conditioner, using a wide-toothed comb or Denman brush, preferably under a shower stream
- Only trim when needed or if I see single strand knots/split end
- Rarely shampoo unless swimming is involved
- Conditioner wash when I wash my hair, especially if it’s everyday
- If I need to get rid of buildup, I use ACV rinses, baking soda wash, or diluted castile soap
- Protective styling as much as I can. That includes twists, coils, twist out, braids, braid outs, buns, puff buns. When hair is in twists, etc, I will pin up the hair at least 5 days a week to protect my ends from brushing clothes, etc.
- Frequent moisturizing as needed. Either with a spritz/spray or cream. I use spritz when in a protective style and a cream when my hair is “out”
- Deep conditioning every time hair is washed, preferably 3 or 4 hours, with a plastic cap or grocery bag.
- Sleep with a satin cap, scarf, or sleep on a satin pillowcase. Also, if I’m just bumming around the house, keep hair protected with a scarf or bonnet.
- Rarely use heat.
- No mineral oil or petroleum products.
- I may oil rinse before a DC or cowash
- Oil or moisturize my edges at least every other day and treat them gently to encourage growth/repair relaxer damage
- Oil scalp when itchy with jojoba oil or other light product. Otherwise, nothing on the scalp.
- Protein treatment every 6 weeks or so.
Powered by Facebook Comments